Outside Pharmacy Policy
Learn more about our outside pharmacy policy taking into effect January 1, 2022.
We understand that you have a lot of options when it comes to obtaining medication for your pets. In order to uphold the standard of care that we deem important for your pet’s overall health, we will be issuing written prescriptions rather than processing requests from outside pharmacies directly. If you wish to continue to use an outside pharmacy, the new written prescription policy below will go into effect January 1st, 2022:
- All written prescriptions must be requested at the time of your pet’s appointment.
- We will not write new prescriptions if you choose to change pharmacies.
- In the event you must change pharmacies, you will need to contact the original pharmacy to have your prescription transferred.
- You must submit all written prescriptions directly to the pharmacy of your choice. We will not receive requests from outside pharmacies by fax, email, or phone.
- A $10 fee per pet per request will be required for a written prescription requested outside of your appointment time.
- Did you know that we have our own online pharmacy that has a large inventory and is often less expensive than other popular pharmacies? Our store can be found at this link or through the online pharmacy tab on the website: https://carolinasvetcareclinic.vetsfirstchoice.com/
- Only products purchased from our clinic or online pharmacy carry the veterinary manufacturer guarantee.